Kathy’s 15-step marketing plan is designed to get your home the maximum amount of exposure in the shortest period of time. Each step involves proven techniques that leverage the opportunities to showcase your home to key people that can either buy your home, or help us find the right buyer: prospective homebuyers, local real estate agents and investors.
Plan of Action
- I will work with you to price your home strategically to be competitive with the current market and current price trends. It has always been my policy to not tell a client what they want to hear, but rather be truthful from the beginning and not make promises I cannot keep.
- I will work with you to stage your home to showcase features that buyers are most interested in: uncluttered rooms and closets, fresh paint and attractive curb appeal.
- I will place FOR SALE signage to increase visibility to drive-by prospects.
- JUST LISTED cards will be used to market your home to your neighbors, encouraging them to tell their family and friends about your home.
- Professional photos will be used to produce a brochure highlighting the details and best features of your home. Brochures will be mailed to any agents and prospective buyers inquiring about your home. The photos will be used for press release coverage in periodicals such as the Los Angeles Times and Outlook newspapers.
- Brochures and a description of your home will be pitched to Podley Properties agents at our weekly staff meeting.
- An electronic color postcard will be emailed to the top producing agents throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
- Advertisements will run periodically in one or more of the following publications: San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Los Angeles Times, and our local Outlook newspapers.
- To optimize your home’s internet presence, photographs and creative descriptions about your home will be listed on my personal website: www.kathygibson.com, my company’s website www.podley.com, www.realtor.com
- Eighty percent of real estate sales are made by less than twenty percent of active licensees. I will make it a top priority to target my marketing to active real estate agents that specialize in selling homes in your neighborhood.
- Your home will be entered into the web-based i-Tech multiple listing service. The listing will feature numerous photos and a link to a visual tour in order to entice buyers to call their agents to view your home.
- An open house for the public will be scheduled during the first week of marketing. Although I prefer a more “active” rather than “passive” approach to marketing, it’s important to maximize exposure to the public when a home is first listed.
- I will create a website for your home, highlighting the best features. The site will be linked to the MLS listing as well as numerous internet sites, including Google, FrontDoor.com, HomePages.com, Homes.com, HomeSeekers, Oodle.com, Trulia, The Real Estate Book, SmartZip, Vast.com, Zillow.com, and Yahoo!.
- Our MLS system has a “reverse prospecting” feature that permits me to retrieve a list of agents who have buyers looking for homes in your price range. I will contact these agents, email a link to the visual tour, and encourage them to show your home.
- Frequent effective communication is vital to a successful partnership between every client and Realtor. I pledge to keep you apprized of every aspect of the process of selling your home.